The Journey Course
The Journey Course is a 20-session, Christ-centered program for people seeking healing in areas of sexual and relational brokenness. Specifically, the course explores the roots of various relational and sexual issues (such as self-hatred, marital problems, addictions, abuse, unwanted same-sex attraction, pornography and co-dependency), which can trap individuals in unhealthy ways of feeling, thinking and living. Through weekly times of worship, teaching and small group prayer, participants are reminded of God’s restoring love and His vision for healthy relationships.
Is The Journey Course for me?
If the following statements describe your heart for hope and healing, you may want to consider participating in The Journey Course:
- A desire to deepen your relationship with Christ
- A desire to grow in your identity as a man or woman of God
- A willingness to face your present state and explore hurts from your past
- A willingness to be open and honest with others about your relational/sexual brokenness, as well as issues of identity and emotional immaturity
- A willingness to receive the healing ministry of the Holy Spirit
- A desire and willingness to walk free from sinful patterns
- A desire to get connected to a Christ-following community
The Journey Course is guided by a trained facilitator and small group leaders and will involve a commitment of:
- Weekly large/small group gatherings (7-9:15 pm)
- Regular reading and reflection (two to three hours a week)
- The cost is $250, which includes workbook (scholarship is available)
The Journey Course is taught in a closed-group format, and a confidentiality policy is in place to help ensure trust and safety in the group. An application and interview are required for admission. Common Ground offers The Journey Course program in the fall of each year. For more information, please contact Jim Matthies.