The Journey is an 6-7-month life-changing set of experiences and relationships that will invite you, along with a group of fellow travelers, into a stretching exploration of three questions in your life:
Who is God? Who am I? and What does God desire to do through me?
These questions are the focus of the following four-stage process of The Journey:
- Stage 1: Biblical Foundations ... will guide you into an understanding and appreciation of the Scriptures transforming role for a lifetime of growth and service.
- Stage 2: Personal Foundations ... will lead you into an exploration and appreciation of God's sovereign, shaping work in your unique life.
- Stage 3: Relational Foundations ... will explore the necessity of spiritual community in Jesus' way of forming you into a person of integrity, compassion and influence.
Who is The Journey for?
The Journey is for people who have given their lives to Christ but sense there is more to experience in their journey with him. It is for hungry people; people who have a high degree of motivation and willingness to dig deeper into God's word and their own hearts.
The Journey is guided by a trained facilitator and will involve a commitment of:
- Weekly small group gatherings (two hours a week)
- Regular study, reflection and prayer (two to three hours a week)
- A spiritual mentoring relationship with a mature believer (twice a month)
- The cost is $250, which includes 3 workbooks and 4 supplemental books (scholarship is available)
Common Ground offers The Journey in the Fall of each year. For more information, please contact Jim Matthies.