CG MIDTOWN 2018 VISION
In the beginning of 2018, Jim Matthies, Interim Lead Pastor at CG Midtown, shared our vision for 2018 called 3x3x3.
The goal of 3x3x3 is to orient CG Midtown around three components, that will guide us as we journey towards greater Interdependence. Within these 3 components are 3 new activities that we will initiate in the next 3 quarters of 2018.
The Apostle Paul speaks about interdependence in 1 Corinthians 12 when he provides an aspect of God’s vision for the church. For Paul, everyone has a role to play in the church when we each discover and use our spiritual gifts (12:4-20). Additionally, everyone matters in the church, whether in seasons of suffering or joy (12:26).
1. UNLEASH RADICAL WELCOME
to create a deep sense of belonging through intentional hospitality.
2. ACTIVATE SPIRITUAL GIFTS
to purposefully discover and use our spiritual gifts for meaningful service.
3. TAKE RISKS IN SERVICE and MISSION
to call people to a “Nehemiah-like” faith.
1. Start an intercessory prayer team
2. Host a monthly Introduction to CG class
3. Create new onramps for connection
Young adults and singles gatherings
Men and women community groups
1. Offer spiritual gifts training & equipping
2. Provide care and development structures for women
3. Host an Enneagram seminar
1. Preach sermon series on taking risks
Lent: The Calling of Nehemiah
Post-Easter: Discovering Your Calling
2. Send missionaries
3. Start mission groups