In Week 10 of our Kingdom Citizens series, lead pastor Jeff Krajewski reflects on Paul’s admonitions in the closing paragraphs of his letter to the church in Philippi.
Key verse: Philippians 4:2-13
Philippians has reminded us that our calling as Christ followers is to live in the way of sacrificial love. If it’s true that the city of Philippi was a little slice of Rome-away-from-Rome then when people encounter us they should experience a little bit of Heaven among us.
Our relationships are an example of that mandate:
When we speak carefully and truthfully to one another.
When we encourage and correct one another.
When we listen and serve one another.
When we esteem and honor one another.
When we consider others before we consider ourselves.
When we give and receive forgiveness and practice repentance and a longing for reconciliation in our community then we are building a Kingdom outpost.
We start to resemble our homeland, a little slice of Heaven on Earth.
Key verse: Philippians 3:15-4:1
If life and faith are a mall, where are you? Listen in as lead pastor Jeff Krajewski examines Paul’s metaphorical food court and gadget acquisition diversions in the eighth message in our Kingdom Citizens series.
Key verse: Philippians 3:1-9
What’s the connection between your power and privilege and your salvation? Lead pastor Jeff Krajewski explores this question and more in this week’s sermon in our Kingdom Citizens series.
Who are the people you work out your salvation with?
What causes grumbling and complaining in your life?
What do you need to change so you can be a “shining star in a crooked and depraved world”?
Key verse: Philippians 2:12-30
This week lead pastor Jeff Krajewski leads us through Paul’s disposition to the Gospel and to three big questions:
1. Are you clear about your power? Where it comes from? How did you receive it?
2. What is your response when that power is threatened? Do you grasp or do you give?
3. Do you have any anxieties connected to your power or privilege?
Key verse: Philippians 2:5-11
In our fall series in Philippians, lead pastor Jeff Krajewski explores what Paul means when he talks about oneness in the first part of a message called, “That We May Be One”.
Key verse: Philippians 2:1-11
We’re continuing in our study of Philippians with a look at Paul’s earnest desire for Christ — in life and death.
Key verse: Philippians 1:19-30
Our fall series in the book of Philippians continues on with a look at Paul’s posture as he’s sitting in a Roman prison. What does it mean to be emotionally healthy when you’re living out the Gospel message?
Key verse: Philippians 1:12-18
We’re continuing our series in Philippians by wrestling with the idea of partnership in the Gospel: Paul found it in the church at Philippi; what will we find in our church in Indianapolis?
Key verses: Philippians 1:1-11
We’re kicking off a new sermon series for the fall called Kingdom Citizens, and this week lead pastor Jeff Krajewski is asking the question: What do I need to do to be saved?
Key verses: Philippians 1:1-3, Acts 16:6-40
This month, we’re exploring CG Midtown’s mission statement through the lens of the book of Matthew and the Sermon on the Mount. Listen in as lead pastor Jeff Krajewski kicks off the new series and explores “We call people of all ages.”
Key verse: Matthew 5:1-15
Listen in as lead pastor Jeff Krajewski explores The Prayer of Jabez through a different kind of lens.
Key verse: 1 Chronicles 4:9-10
This week, lead pastor Jeff Krajewski lands the plane on our 2019 Galatians series with a final look at Galatians 6 and a recap of the whole story.
Key Verses: Galatians 6
Life in the Spirit means we’re called to build up one another and to reject the false distinctions between us. Join lead pastor Jeff Krajewski in an exploration of Galatians 6:1-6 as we begin to wrap up our For Freedom! series in Paul’s letter to the church in Galatia.
Key Verse: Galatians 6:1-6
What are we called to, when we’re called to live in the Spirit? Lead pastor Jeff Krajewski explores some examples in Life in the Spirit (Part 2).
Key Verse: Galatians 6:1-6
Watch our 2019 elder commissioning and Jeff's sermonette on eldership in this recap from Sunday, June 2.
What are we called to, when we’re called to live in the Spirit? Lead pastor Jeff Krajewski explores some examples in Life in the Spirit (Part 1).
Key Verse: Galatians 5:13-26
Is the law the way we’re justified before God? Or is it faith… Listen in as lead pastor Jeff Krajewski wrestles with some of the conflicts in the first century in “The Potholes on the Road of Discipleship”.
Key Verse: Galatians 5:2-12
This week, lead pastor Jeff Krajewski wrestles with the horizontal and the vertical meaning of faith in How Many Beams?
Key Verse: Galatians 5:1
Come break bread with us as we kick off our 2019 Lent series: The Table of Christ! This week, The Table of Grace.
Key verse: Luke 5:27-32
It’s Celebration Sunday! Join us for a look back at an incredible 2018, and a look ahead to Lent 2019 (and beyond)!
Visit cground.org/midtown-sermons/celebration-sunday-2019 to find financial slides referenced in Melissa and Jeff’s updates!
For freedom! Listen to the newest message in our series on Galatians with CG Midtown’s Lead Pastor Jeff Krajewski. This week: A glimpse into Jeff’s “agenda” in A Pastor’s Pleading.
Key Verse: Galatians 4:8-20
For freedom! Listen to the fifth message in our series on Galatians with CG Midtown’s Lead Pastor Jeff Krajewski. This week: The Family of God
Key Verse: Galatians 3:26-4:7
For freedom! Listen to the fifth message in our series on Galatians with CG Midtown’s Pastor of Formission Jim Matthies. This week: An Example of Becoming.
Key Verse: Galatians 3:15-25
For freedom! Listen to the fourth message in our new series on Galatians. This week: Law then Faith? Or Faith then Law? The Theology of Becoming.
Key Verse: Galatians 3:1-14.
For freedom! Listen to the third message in our new series on Galatians. This week: Gospel Advocacy.
Key Verse: Galatians 2:11-20
For freedom! Listen to the second in our sermon series from Paul’s letter to the Galatians.
Key Verse: Galatians 1:10-2:10
For freedom! Listen in as lead pastor Jeff Krajewski introduces our new sermon series from Paul’s letter to the Galatians.
Key Verse: Galatians 1:1-9
Lead Pastor Jeff Krajewski kicks off the new year with our 2019 Vision Talk.
Key Verse: Ephesians 2:14-16
For he himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, by setting aside in his fleshthe law with its commands and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new humanity out of the two, thus making peace, and in one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility.
Listen in to a unique, contemplative sermon with three movements: Remember, forget, and dream.
Listen to the third in our Advent series THE RISK OF ADVENT: WELCOMING THE STRANGER. This week, we light the candle of joy.
Bethany Christian Services: https://youtu.be/ow_mlrtqC4A
Listen to the second in our Advent series THE RISK OF ADVENT: WELCOMING THE STRANGER.
YFC Lebanon: https://vimeo.com/227710049
Listen to the first in our Advent series THE RISK OF ADVENT: WELCOMING THE STRANGER.
Migros Aid Indy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AhRH7fe7vE
Lead Pastor Jeff Krajewski wraps up the ANCIENT PATHS series and the Theology of Ownership sermon in his November 25 reflection.
Lead Pastor Jeff Krajewski continues on in the ANCIENT PATHS series with a reflection on who really owns our resources — and what that means for us as followers of Christ.
- 2019 Vision
- Church Life
- Pastoral Care
- Our Beliefs
- Calendar & Events
- Westside Leadership
- Our Beliefs & Values
- Articles + News
- Articles Archive
- Mission (Local & Global)
- Staff + Elders
- 1.Living Centered Lives in Christ / Kingdom Citizens Week 10 / November 10, 2019
- 2.Stand Firm / Kingdom Citizens Week 9 / November 3, 2019
- 3.You Are Here / Kingdom Citizens Week 8 / October 27, 2019
- 4.Working Out Our Salvation / Kingdom Citizens Week 7 / October 20, 2019
- 5.The Power and Privilege of Christ / Kingdom Citizens Week 6 / October 13, 2019
- 6.That We May Be One, Part 1 / Kingdom Citizens E5 /October 6, 2019
- 7.Living and Dying / Kingdom Citizens E4 / September 29, 2019
- 8.Emotionally Healthy Apostleship / Kingdom Citizens E3 / September 22, 2019
- 9.The Joy and Blessing of Gospel Partnership / Kingdom Citizens E2 / September 15, 2019
- 10.What Must I Do to Be Saved? / Kingdom Citizens E1 / September 8, 2019
- 11."We Call People of All Ages..." / Belonging Week 1 / August 4, 2019
- 12./ Be Brave Week 4 / July 28, 2019
- 13.A Brave Prayer / Be Brave Week 1 / July 7 2019
- 14.Galatians 6 / Galatians Week 13 / June 30, 2019
- 15.Galatians 6:1-7 / Galatians Week 12 / June 23, 2019
- 16.Life in the Spirit (Part 2) / Galatians Week 11 / June 16, 2019
- 17.Elder Commissioning / June 2, 2019
- 18.Life in the Spirit (Part 1) / Galatians Week 10 / May 26, 2019
- 19.Potholes on the Road to Discipleship/ Galatians Week 9 / May 12, 2019
- 20.How Many Beams? / Galatians Week 8 / May 5, 2019
- 21.A Table of Grace March, 10th 2019
- 22.Celebration Sunday March, 3rd 2019
- 23.Galatians / February 24, 2019
- 24.Galatians / February 17, 2019
- 25.Galatians / February 10, 2019
- 26.Galatians / February 3, 2019
- 27.Galatians / January 27, 2019
- 28.Galatians / January 20, 2019
- 29.Galatians Series/ January 13, 2019
- 30.Vision 2019 / January 6, 2019
- 31.Remember, Forget, Dream: December 30, 2018
- 32.THE RISK OF ADVENT WEEK 4: WELCOMING THE STRANGER
- 33.THE RISK OF ADVENT WEEK 3: WELCOMING THE STRANGER
- 34.THE RISK OF ADVENT WEEK 2: WELCOMING THE STRANGER
- 35.THE RISK OF ADVENT WEEK 1: WELCOMING THE STRANGER
- 36.ANCIENT PATHS WEEK 11: Theology of Ownership (Part 2)
- 37.ANCIENT PATHS WEEK 9: A Theology of Ownership
- 38.ANCIENT PATHS WEEK 7: Repent & Remember
- 39.ANCIENT PATHS WEEK 6: The Church part 2
- 40.ANCIENT PATHS WEEK 5: The Church part 1
- 41.ANCIENT PATHS WEEK 4: Holy Spirit
- 42.ANCIENT PATHS WEEK 3: King Jesus
- 43.ANCIENT PATHS WEEK 2: Creator God
- 44.ANCIENT PATHS WEEK 1: The Kingdom of God