Thank you for your interest in Child Dedication at Common Ground. As parents, you have an opportunity to express your thanks to God for the gift of children. Child Dedication is a practice where parents make a solemn commitment to raise their children in the way of Jesus. Our ceremony is a public recognition of the importance of the parent’s and church role in providing a nurturing and loving context where children can experience the Gospel. It is also a time where parents recommit themselves to their own spiritual formation.
What is the Preparing for Child Dedication class?
The Preparing for Child Dedication class is designed to allow for conversation and instruction around the following topics:
This class is designed to allow for conversation and instruction on the following topics:
- The purpose and intent of Child Dedication.
- What the Bible says about parenting and how Child Dedication fits into this role.
- Ways that Common Ground Midtown seeks to help parents spiritually lead and encourage their children.
This class is required in order to participate in a Child Dedication service. Nursery and Children's Ministry will be available during this meeting and we ask that you use this option for childcare needs.
*Parents who attend the class once do not have to attend for subsequent children.
What should we expect on the day of Child Dedication?
At the beginning of service, a pastor will make a few comments about Child Dedication to the parents and church community. Then the children being dedicated and their parents will be introduced.
Child Dedication Dates for 2018
- Dedication Date: February 18, 2018
- Preparation Class Date: February 11, 2018
- Deadline to sign up: February 4, 2018
REGISTER FOR FEBRUARY DEDICATION (All families must register even if they DO NOT need to take a class)
- Dedication Date: May 13, 2018
- Preparation Class Date: May 6, 2018
- Deadline to sign up: June 30, 2018
- Dedication Date: Sept 16, 2018
- Dedication Date: Sept 9, 2018
- Deadline to sign up: Sept 2, 2018